Friday, December 31, 2010

#2 The Broadway Melody - 1928-29



There's gotta be a cosmic reason this film is #2. This movie was a real stinker. It's premise was so unbelievable that I found myself laughing and shaking my head during most of the film. I really wanted to turn it off, but I kept my promise to watch it ALL the way through. I love my husband. I hate this movie. Broadway Tragedy more like.
1929 was supposedly a rough year for film, with all the major studios transitioning to "talkies". If Broadway Melody was the cream of the crop, I'd hate to see the curdles.

1 comment:

  1. "I love you!"

    "Even though I love that girl too and kissed your sister full on the lips right in front of you!"

    "I love you too!"

    "Even though you're a wimp and you tried to cheat on my sister like a dozen times"


    ....


    yeah, that movie was pretty bad hehe

    ReplyDelete